If you are a fan of live music, you are in luck this weekend. The Pound Ridge-Lewisboro area is offering up an eclectic array of concert choices that range from the classic new-wave rock sounds of The B-52s to Latin grooves and acoustic Americana, Celtic music and classical piano.
Not a music fan? Theres still stand-up comedy and wine-tasting to help spice up your weekend.
Check out these events:
- Comedian Mario Cantone will appear at the Ridgefield Playhouse for a night of stand-up comedy. Cantone is best known for being Charlotte Yorks gay and incredibly bossy wedding planner from Sex and the City. He is notorious for his impressions that include Liza Minnelli and Judy Garland, Joan Rivers and Bruce Springsteen. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $65 for orchestra and $55 for mezzanine. Call the box office for tickets and information at 203-438-5795.
- Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar in Scotts Corners, Pound Ridge, will present Artie Tobia, an award-winning Americana artist playing his own brand of acoustic rock, country, blues and folk. Show starts 8 p.m. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71B Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3488 for more info.
- The Tartan Terrors will perform at the Ridgefield Playhouse with special guest The Mighty Ploughboys. The show features the best in rock and Celtic music, comedy and dance. The Terrors are bolstered by the blistering piping of a two-time World Champion Bagpiper. Show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $35. Call the box office at 203-438-5795 for tickets and info.
- Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar will hold a wine tasting at 2 p.m. Join Erin Lee from 90-plus and St. Germain for an in-store tasting. On Saturday night, Marielas will present percussionist Tony Pastrana and his band for some high-energy Latin grooves that include a mix of pop, R&B and Latin classics. Show starts at 8 p.m. with no cover charge. Marielas is located at 71B Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3488 for more info.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents the legendary B-52s with special guests Carly & Eliza. The B-52s are back for another night of hits that include Love Shack, Roam, Rock Lobster and Private Idaho. Tickets are $110 for the orchestra and $95 for the mezzanine. Show begins at 8 p.m. Call the box office for tickets and info at 203-438-5795.
- Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with starts such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. The show is from 6:30-9:30 p.m. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Avenue. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
- The South Salem Presbyterian Church kicks off its Winter Concert Series with pianist Mariel Mayz, 4-6 p.m. Admission is free. The show will feature an afternoon of classical favorites including Bach, Brahms, Debussy and Liszt. A wine and cheese reception follows each performance. The church is located at 11 Spring St. in South Salem. Call 914-763-9282 for info.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.