In the mood for a little friendly competition? Maybe even some fun prizes? Westchester comes alive mid-week at a host of area bars, which turn ordinary Tuesdays and Wednesdays into lively trivia and/or karaoke nights.
Your biggest decision? Where to go. Here, we've whittled down some of the best spots for putting on your thinking caps, testing your wits and wetting your whistle.
- O’Connor’s Public House, Mount Kisco : Interested in winning free rounds of beer for your friends? Check out the action on trivia night Wednesdays starting at 8:30 p.m. Or, try your hand at Karaoke, which takes place Tuesdays at 9 p.m. Game On: 222 Main St., 914-241-0777
- Molly Spillane’s Pub, Mamaroneck: Folks are serious about their trivia at Molly's -- come Wednesdays at 8 p.m. there are often half a dozen "regulars" competing. They even have a championship where they invite contestants from other bars. Tie-breakers are the best because contestants will duke it out in a match of rock ‘em sock ‘em robots. Game On: 211 Mamaroneck Ave., 914- 899-3130
- 6 Degrees of Separation, Ossining: Test your trivia knowledge on Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. at this neighborhood bar where a mix of young and old patrons play for gift cards, free rounds of beer, and food and dessert prizes. Like Molly's, they too break ties with rock ‘em sock ‘em robots. Game On: 35 Main St., 914- 432-5969
- Pete’s Saloon & Restaurant, Elmsford: Music has been a big draw at Pete's for ages but so is its Thursday nghts Karaoke where, come 8 p.m. the place bustles with wanna be Beyonces. Game On: 8 West Main St., 914- 592-2372
- Rudy’s, Hartsdale: Don't think of this Central Avenue spot as simply a sports bar -- the real competition takes place on Tuesday Triva Nights starting at 8:30 p.m. Gift cards, beer, and even wings are prizes for partaking and winning the night's answers. They also feature poker nights on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Game On: 156 S Central Ave., 914-358-9051
- Growlers Beer Bistro, Tuckahoe: Don’t dare call Growlers a restaurant or a bar—they prefer bistro/lounge—as both the food and beer change seasonally. And while both are a draw, so, too is the eight-round trivia that ensues every Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. The three teams with the highest scores win either first or second place gift cards or a third-place growler, a 64-ounce container of beer for you to take home. Game On: 25 Main St., 914-793-0608
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.