POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Rowers from Pound Ridge helped Norwalk River Rowing's youth teams win seven medals at the Cooper Cup in a regatta that featured 52 clubs competing on the Cooper River in Camden, N.J.
Three Pound Ridge residents rowed in two of the medal-winning boats. Liam McDonough and Kris Petreski both helped power the men’s varsity four plus coxswain to its gold medal, beating the second-place finisher by nearly 12 seconds. Kaare Andersen rowed for gold in the JV four plus coxswain.
Norwalk River also won gold medals in the men's varsity lightweight double, the women’s novice four plus coxswain, and the men’s JV single, a silver in the men’s lightweight four plus coxswain and a bronze in the men’s varsity double.
The Club’s next regatta is US Rowing’s Northeast District Junior Rowing Championships in Lowell Mass. That regatta is a qualifying race for the youth national championships in June. Last year the Club sent eight boats to the national championships, the most boats of any club in New England.
- 1 Pound Ridge Will Hold Presentations On Scotts Corners Overhaul
- 2 Pound Ridge Planning Board Faces Key Votes On Ridge 29 Housing
- 3 Pound Ridge Teen Gets State Department Scholarship For Language Studies
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 5 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition