POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Two Pound Ridge rowers, Kris Petreski and Liam McDonough, were responsible for three of Norwalk River Rowing’s top-three finishes, all in 16-and-under contests at the Independence Day Regatta in Philadelphia.
They won the double event, besting the second-place boat by nearly 16 seconds. In the single event, Petreski took first and McDonough took third. Norwalk River Rowing also took third out of a field of 15 in the girls’ single.
One other Norwalk River boat made it to finals, the junior double, and finished fourth, 1.5 seconds behind third.
Six additional Norwalk River Rowing boats made it to the semifinals but did not advance to finals: a coxed four, a quad, two more singles and another double. In all, 10 Norwalk River boats made it to semifinals, half of those made it to finals, and four of those finished in the top three.
- 1 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 4 Groups Offer Advice For Dealing With Wild Critters In Westchester
- 5 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On 79-Home Proposal Lasts Till Nearly 2 A.M.