POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Two Pound Ridge rowers, Kris Petreski and Liam McDonough, were responsible for three of Norwalk River Rowing’s top-three finishes, all in 16-and-under contests at the Independence Day Regatta in Philadelphia.
They won the double event, besting the second-place boat by nearly 16 seconds. In the single event, Petreski took first and McDonough took third. Norwalk River Rowing also took third out of a field of 15 in the girls’ single.
One other Norwalk River boat made it to finals, the junior double, and finished fourth, 1.5 seconds behind third.
Six additional Norwalk River Rowing boats made it to the semifinals but did not advance to finals: a coxed four, a quad, two more singles and another double. In all, 10 Norwalk River boats made it to semifinals, half of those made it to finals, and four of those finished in the top three.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 2 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Cross River Gateway To Ward Pound Ridge Among Noteworthy Westchester Facts