PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University softball player Shelby Yung was selected as the Northeast-10 Conference rookie of the year.
Yung was also a NE-10 first-team selection as an outfielder, as voted on by the 15 NE-10 softball coaches.
Juniors Jeane Drury and Natalie Gellos freshman Nikole Larm garnered third team honors. Yung and Larm were also named to the all-rookie team.
Yung is batting .410 with 31 runs scored, 50 hits, nine doubles and is 11-for-14 in stolen bases. She leads the team in batting average, runs scored and doubles and is tied for the team lead in stolen bases. Yung set the school freshman record in stolen bases and is currently the freshman leader in batting average. She ranks among the freshman leaders in school history in hits, doubles and runs.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Cross River Gateway To Ward Pound Ridge Among Noteworthy Westchester Facts