OSSINING, N.Y. -- Harvey School sophomore Selena Cummings of Ossining threw a complete game one-hitter Friday as the visiting Cavaliers defeated Storm King 13-1 in Cornwall-on-Hudson.
Cummings allowed a run in the first inning and then slammed the door on Storm King the rest of the way, striking out 12.
Storm King led 1-0 after one, but Harvey went ahead in the second with two runs and then padded the lead with two more runs in both the fourth and fifth innings and five more in the seventh.
Erica Cheyne, Silvana Alarcon and Anderson Greenwood each had two hits apiece for Harvey (3-2). Alarcon and Greenwood each had two RBIs. Avary Carlson stroked a triple.
- 1 De Palma Wins Pound Ridge Town Board Race By Just 11 Votes
- 2 Bedford Hills Teen Charged With Burglary In Mount Kisco
- 3 Pound Ridge's O'Brien Lays Wreath For Unknown Soldier At Arlington Cemetery
- 4 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 5 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro