OSSINING, N.Y. -- Harvey School sophomore Selena Cummings of Ossining threw a complete game one-hitter Friday as the visiting Cavaliers defeated Storm King 13-1 in Cornwall-on-Hudson.
Cummings allowed a run in the first inning and then slammed the door on Storm King the rest of the way, striking out 12.
Storm King led 1-0 after one, but Harvey went ahead in the second with two runs and then padded the lead with two more runs in both the fourth and fifth innings and five more in the seventh.
Erica Cheyne, Silvana Alarcon and Anderson Greenwood each had two hits apiece for Harvey (3-2). Alarcon and Greenwood each had two RBIs. Avary Carlson stroked a triple.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pound Ridge; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pound Ridge, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Pound Ridge Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs Pound Ridge, Snow Could Return Thursday