OSSINING, N.Y. -- Harvey School sophomore Selena Cummings of Ossining threw a complete game one-hitter Friday as the visiting Cavaliers defeated Storm King 13-1 in Cornwall-on-Hudson.
Cummings allowed a run in the first inning and then slammed the door on Storm King the rest of the way, striking out 12.
Storm King led 1-0 after one, but Harvey went ahead in the second with two runs and then padded the lead with two more runs in both the fourth and fifth innings and five more in the seventh.
Erica Cheyne, Silvana Alarcon and Anderson Greenwood each had two hits apiece for Harvey (3-2). Alarcon and Greenwood each had two RBIs. Avary Carlson stroked a triple.
- 1 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 2 Pound Ridge Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Katonah-Lewisboro, Bedford School Districts Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Fallen Pole, Power Cables Result In Route 22 Closure
- 5 Pound Ridge's Nicholas Rienzi Hired To Be Police Officer In Vermont