KATONAH, N.Y. -- Harvey softball pitcher Selena Cummings of Ossining made it back to back one-hitters in her last two starting assignments, but the sophomore was outstanding at the plate too, collecting three hits and knocking in eight runs to lead the Lady Cavaliers to an 18-2 win over Monfort Tuesday.
Cummings, coming off her one-hit victory last Friday over Storm King, struck out four Monfort batters in Tuesday’s game called after four innings. She allowed two runs.
Harvey took advantage of the difficulties the Monfort pitcher had in throwing strikes. Grace Tow of Pound Ridge walked four times while Tessa Knorr and Olivia Lindsay each had three bases on balls. Lindsay, who also had Harvey’s other hit, had four RBI.
In their last four games, including an 18-17 walk off loss to Poughkeepsie Day School before their three-game winning streak, the Lady Cavaliers (4-3) have scored an average of 14 runs a game.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 State Police Underage Drinking Detail Includes Pound Ridge