PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Former Pace University catcher Joe Solomeno signed a contract extension with the Evansville Otters of the Frontier League in Evansville, Ill.
The contract extension is for 2014 and includes a club option for 2015.
"We're looking forward to having him back," said Otters General Manager Joe Padfield. "He did a good job for us last year and we're looking forward to seeing what he can do behind the plate and what other opportunities present themselves."
Solomeno signed with Evansville following his senior season where he hit .273 with a home run and 26 RBI. In 2012, Solomeno was a Rawlings Gold Glove East Region First Team selection.
He played in six games with Evansville last season, recording his first professional hit with a third inning single against Schaumburg on Sunday, Sept. 1.
Operating since 1993, the Frontier League is an independent professional baseball league comprising 14 teams in seven states. The Otters are the longest-running team in the league that began in 1995.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 2 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Cross River Gateway To Ward Pound Ridge Among Noteworthy Westchester Facts