OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining’s Saniya Chong had one of the best games of her blossoming career Saturday for the University of Connecticut in a 86-29 blowout of Cincinnati.
Chong, a freshman, scored 12 points for the top-ranked Huskies (23-0, 10-0). Chong’s career-high is 16 against Penn State in November.
Chong had not reached double figures since scoring 10 points against the University of California Davis on Dec. 5. Freshman frequently slump midway through the year under coach Geno Auriemma as they adjust to the rigors of the schedule and the team’s practice demands.
Chong emerged from the slump on Saturday. She played 23 minutes, hit 4-of-6 from 3-point territory and had four assists without a turnover. She also had one block.
UConn hosts SMU on Tuesday at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Conn. The Huskies face one of their sternest tests of the season Saturday when Louisville (22-1) comes to Storrs for a 1 p.m. tipoff. The game will be televised on ESPN.
- 1 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 2 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scott Corners
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pound Ridge Skies Sunday
- 4 For The Best Cheese Please, It’s Plum Plums In Pound Ridge
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions