POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Pound Ridge resident Aly Dowey, a Bates College women's lacrosse team member, received New England Small College Athletic Conference all-academic distinction for the spring 2014 season.
To receive NESCAC all-academic honors, a student-athlete must have reached sophomore academic standing and be a varsity letter winner with a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.35.
"We had a really gratifying spring season that saw so many competitive successes complemented with equally impressive achievements by our student-athletes," said Kevin McHugh, director of athletics at Bates. "The NESCAC spring All-Academic awards highlight those successes."
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Westchester Law Enforcement Boosting July 4 Security After Terror Warning