POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Pound Ridge's Donna Volpitta, an author and a parent of a student at St. Luke's in New Canaan, spoke at the Parents Association's recent "Spread the Word" event.
Volpitta, author of "The Resilience Formula," is an educator whose work focuses on transforming the way that people think about challenge in order to build resilience.
Using her "Mindful Leadership Model," she discussed transitions children face as they plan for the future, or face disappointments, and how parents can help guide their children through the demands of growing up.
Drawing on the latest research in neurology, psychology and education, the Mindful Leadership Model has been applied to areas of leadership from parenting to corporate management.
“We were thrilled with Donna’s talk,” said Karen Newman, president of the Parents Association. “We try to offer topics that will truly benefit parents and it was clear, this subject resonated."
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Return To Pound Ridge For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Pound Ridge Tuesday