POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Fourth- and fifth-grade students will present the results of their scientific investigations and inventions at the Pound Ridge Elementary School’s Annual Science Expo on Thursday, April 4, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
The purpose of the Expo is to engage children in the scientific method, so they acquire deeper insight into a given concept and use problem-solving skills to find solutions. For the last several weeks, parents have been assisting students during lunch hours and recess periods.
The end results of these scientific investigations will be exhibited at the Expo. “Visiting scientists,” such as administrators, teachers and community members, will make special appearances to evaluate and admire the work.
- 1 Pound Ridge Engineer Leads Drive For Huge Indoor Sports Complex
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Sexual Abuse Charges Top Last Week's News Around Pound Ridge
- 4 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall
- 5 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike