POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Fourth- and fifth-grade students will present the results of their scientific investigations and inventions at the Pound Ridge Elementary School’s Annual Science Expo on Thursday, April 4, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
The purpose of the Expo is to engage children in the scientific method, so they acquire deeper insight into a given concept and use problem-solving skills to find solutions. For the last several weeks, parents have been assisting students during lunch hours and recess periods.
The end results of these scientific investigations will be exhibited at the Expo. “Visiting scientists,” such as administrators, teachers and community members, will make special appearances to evaluate and admire the work.
- 1 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 2 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pound Ridge Skies Sunday
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge