POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Fourth- and fifth-grade students will present the results of their scientific investigations and inventions at the Pound Ridge Elementary School’s Annual Science Expo on Thursday, April 4, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
The purpose of the Expo is to engage children in the scientific method, so they acquire deeper insight into a given concept and use problem-solving skills to find solutions. For the last several weeks, parents have been assisting students during lunch hours and recess periods.
The end results of these scientific investigations will be exhibited at the Expo. “Visiting scientists,” such as administrators, teachers and community members, will make special appearances to evaluate and admire the work.
- 1 Pound Ridge Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Pound Ridge To Resign
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M