SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Katonah-Lewisboro school district announced that Debra Legato will be named for the post of assistant superintendent for human resources.
The appointment of Legato, who is currently director of human resources in the Yorktown Central School District, is scheduled for the Katonah-Lewisboro school board's May 8 meeting, according to the announcement. Her start date with the district is July 28 and if appointed she will replace Harry LeFevre, who is in the position as an interim administrator.
“I’m delighted to have the opportunity to join the staff of the Katonah-Lewisboro School District and I would like to thank the Board of Education and the Superintendent for this wonderful opportunity,” Legato said in a statement released by Katonah-Lewisboro. “The district has an outstanding reputation and I look forward to making contributions that accrue to the benefit of children, families and taxpayers.”
“We are pleased to be able to recommend Ms. Legato, who has significant experience in school district human resources in multiple communities,” Michael Jumper, Katonah-Lewisboro's interim superintendent, said in an accompanying statement. “She will be a welcome addition to the staff.”
Legato has been with Yorktown since 2008 and had human resource roles in Irvington and Peekskill, according to her biography.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pound Ridge; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pound Ridge, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer