LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- UPDATED 6:15 P.M. More than 1,000 Katonah-Lewisboro parents have signed and submitted a petition to the district aiming to stop the planned closure of Lewisboro Elementary School, according to LoHud.com.
Another smaller group of parents have also filed a request with the state to keep the school open
The petitioners claim that the financial report and demographic study that led to the district's decision was flawed, according to the article.
The Board of Education voted to close the school on Jan. 23. Superintendent Paul Kreutzer resigned from his position less than a week after the vote.
The petitioners reportedly maintain the school district is not under financial distress, despite the board's claims otherwise.
This article has been updated to clarify information about the subject.
- 1 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Pound Ridge
- 3 Group Hits $2.5M Fundraising Goal For Bedford Playhouse Overhaul
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pound Ridge
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pound Ridge