LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- UPDATED 6:15 P.M. More than 1,000 Katonah-Lewisboro parents have signed and submitted a petition to the district aiming to stop the planned closure of Lewisboro Elementary School, according to LoHud.com.
Another smaller group of parents have also filed a request with the state to keep the school open
The petitioners claim that the financial report and demographic study that led to the district's decision was flawed, according to the article.
The Board of Education voted to close the school on Jan. 23. Superintendent Paul Kreutzer resigned from his position less than a week after the vote.
The petitioners reportedly maintain the school district is not under financial distress, despite the board's claims otherwise.
This article has been updated to clarify information about the subject.
- 1 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 2 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scott Corners
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pound Ridge Skies Sunday
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Pound Ridge, NOAA Predicts