POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Nov. 6 election is just around the corner and The Pound Ridge Daily Voice wants to provide voters with everything they need to exercise their voting privileges.
Here’s an overview of what races you’ll find on the ballot, where to register to vote and where to cast your ballot in your town:
On the Ballot
- President Barak Obama (D) seeks re-election against Republican challenger Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts.
- Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) is seeks re-election as the representative from New York’s 19th Congressional District against Democratic challenger Sean Patrick Maloney. The District includes parts of Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess and Westchester counties, including Lewisboro and Pound Ridge.
- Incumbent State Assemblyman Robert Castelli (R, C – Goldens Bridge) seeks re-election against Democratic challenger David Buckwald in the 93rd State Assembly District, which includes Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, North Salem, Bedford, Mt. Kisco, Harrison and parts of White Plains.
- Incumbent State Senator Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson) seeks re-election against Democratic challenger Justin Wagner in New York State District 40, which includes Pound Ridge, Lewisboro, as well as Somers, Yorktown, Peekskill, Putnam County and parts of Dutchess County.
Registration and Absentee Ballot Information
The last day to postmark a mail-in voter registration form to be eligible to vote in November is Friday, Oct. 12.
There will be local voter registration days at the Town House, 179 Westchester Ave., on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 5-9 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 13, noon-7 p.m.
The last day to postmark an application for absentee ballot is Oct. 30.
Where to Vote
Polling places for Pound Ridge are:
- Districts 1 and 2 – Town House
- Districts 3 and 4 – Pound Ridge Firehouse
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information, go to www.elections.ny.gov
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pound Ridge Skies Sunday
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 4 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 5 Pound Ridge’s Harvest Festival Planning, Celebration Tops Week's News