WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo still maintains a 2-to-1 advantage over Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in the race for governor, according to the most recent Quinnipiac University poll.
The poll shows Cuomo, a Democrat, enjoying a 56-28 percent advantage over Astorino, a Republican. This number remains largely unchanged compared to a poll released in May that had Cuomo leading 57-28 percent.
Even Cuomo's involvement in the Moreland Commission investigation hasn't had much of an impact on the Democratic incumbent's lead.
The poll says 50 percent of voters say they disapprove of the way Cuomo is handling ethics in government, but 49 percent say they feel he would do a better job than Astorino.
Astorino still remains largely unknown throughout the state, with 51 percent of voters not knowing enough about the GOP candidate to form an opinion.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pound Ridge On Wednesday
- 2 Pound Ridge Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Fox Lane Diver Suffers Concussion At State Championships
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Katonah-Lewisboro, Bedford School Districts Will Be Closed Wednesday