WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Senate Democratic Conference will announce the introduction of six bills to combat the growing heroin epidemic impacting communities throughout New York State at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
State Senate Democratic Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D-Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry, Elmsford, Greenburgh, Hastings-on-Hudson, Irvington, Tarrytown, Yonkers, White Plains, New Rochelle) is one of the co-sponsors on these bills.
These six proposed pieces of legislation will increase penalties for selling opioids that result in death, equip first responders with overdose-stopping drugs, require health insurance providers to cover rehabilitation and anti-addiction medications, create a teen heroin abuse PSA campaign and provide opioid rehabilitation services in communities.
Check back with Daily Voice as more information about the legislation becomes available.
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 4 75 World War II Heroes Take Honor Flight From White Plains To Washington
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Pound Ridge On Wednesday