WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Senate Democratic Conference will announce the introduction of six bills to combat the growing heroin epidemic impacting communities throughout New York State at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
State Senate Democratic Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D-Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry, Elmsford, Greenburgh, Hastings-on-Hudson, Irvington, Tarrytown, Yonkers, White Plains, New Rochelle) is one of the co-sponsors on these bills.
These six proposed pieces of legislation will increase penalties for selling opioids that result in death, equip first responders with overdose-stopping drugs, require health insurance providers to cover rehabilitation and anti-addiction medications, create a teen heroin abuse PSA campaign and provide opioid rehabilitation services in communities.
Check back with Daily Voice as more information about the legislation becomes available.
- 1 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Pound Ridge
- 4 Peace Corps Worker From Pound Ridge Aids Farmers In Nepal
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion