MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- South Moger Avenue in downtown Mount Kisco was closed for part of Thursday night as firefighters responded to a report of smoke at the Cosi restaurant.
The dispatch came after 8 p.m., according to Fire Chief Mario Muccioli. Sprinkler heads were working in response, although there was no smoke by the time firefighters arrived.
The smoke was from something burning inside of a soda machine, according to Muccioli. Whether or not Cosi, located at 15 S. Moger Ave., reopens depends on the Westchester County's Department of Health, according to the chief.
Richard Mason, owner of Richard Scott Salon & Day Spa upstairs explained that the smoke "permeated through" it. He recalled the smoke smell and it billowing out from Cosi's exhaust. Because of the smoke spreading to his salon, exhaust fans were running to clear it.
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 3 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 4 75 World War II Heroes Take Honor Flight From White Plains To Washington
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Pound Ridge On Wednesday