POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge woman returned home to a ransacked house and missing valuables, police said.
There are no leads on a suspect.
The victim told police she pulled into her driveway around 1 p.m. Friday and noticed a door that is usually closed was open and, in the back of the house, a glass sliding door was shattered.
Police said she got back in her car and drove away and called the 911, thinking the burglar was still in the house.
Police sad they responded and found the home was empty, but noted the bedroom was ransacked and valuables, including family heirlooms, worth an undetermined amount, were missing.
The investigation is ongoing.
Check back with the Pound Ridge Daily Voice for more details as they become available.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Pound Ridge, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 Wet Weather Returning To Pound Ridge