POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge woman returned home to a ransacked house and missing valuables, police said.
There are no leads on a suspect.
The victim told police she pulled into her driveway around 1 p.m. Friday and noticed a door that is usually closed was open and, in the back of the house, a glass sliding door was shattered.
Police said she got back in her car and drove away and called the 911, thinking the burglar was still in the house.
Police sad they responded and found the home was empty, but noted the bedroom was ransacked and valuables, including family heirlooms, worth an undetermined amount, were missing.
The investigation is ongoing.
Check back with the Pound Ridge Daily Voice for more details as they become available.
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 4 75 World War II Heroes Take Honor Flight From White Plains To Washington
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Pound Ridge On Wednesday