POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A bank fraud attempt was reported to Pound Ridge Police on Monday, Dec. 31, by a Deerfield Road resident.
Police said someone attempted to access the resident's bank accounts but that no money was taken. The accounts were put on fraud alert and the investigation is continuing.
Also from the Pound Ridge police blotter:
• On Monday, Dec. 26, police responded to a one-car accident on Route 137. The car was towed, and injuries were reported.
• Police also responded to a harassment call on Dec. 26 on Apple Tree Lane. It was reported that kids were throwing snowballs at vehicles. Police interviewed a homeowner in the area, but no children lived in the home.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 29, police were called to Twin Fawn Lane for a one-car accident. The car was towed, and injuries were reported.
• Police were called to an Eastwoods Road residence on Thursday, Dec. 30, for an abandoned vehicle. A car was left in a private driveway during the snowstorm. The owner was contacted and the car was removed.
• Police responded to a two-car accident on Thursday, Dec. 30, on Westchester Avenue. Neither vehicle needed to be towed, and the driver of one of the vehicles refused medical assistance.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 1, police received a report of shots fired in the vicinity of Benger Road. The incident is under investigation and no further information was available.