POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge man is recovering in Stamford Hospital from several broken bones, cuts and lacerations after falling from his deck and down a ravine Sunday night, police said.
Firefighters and the police were called to the man's Salem Road home at around 11:30 p.m.
“The individual was leaning over the back deck and fell over and down the ravine,” Police Chief David Ryan said. “The fire department had to use a Stokes basket to pull him up.”
Ryan said rescuers had to use the stretcher-like device because the man had “several broken bones” and couldn’t be moved easily.
“He fell into a bunch of thorns, so he had a lot of cuts and lacerations as well as the broken bones,” Ryan said.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 'I Am Cait' Follows Westchester Native Caitlyn Jenner In New E! Docuseries