POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge man is recovering in Stamford Hospital from several broken bones, cuts and lacerations after falling from his deck and down a ravine Sunday night, police said.
Firefighters and the police were called to the man's Salem Road home at around 11:30 p.m.
“The individual was leaning over the back deck and fell over and down the ravine,” Police Chief David Ryan said. “The fire department had to use a Stokes basket to pull him up.”
Ryan said rescuers had to use the stretcher-like device because the man had “several broken bones” and couldn’t be moved easily.
“He fell into a bunch of thorns, so he had a lot of cuts and lacerations as well as the broken bones,” Ryan said.
- 1 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Pound Ridge
- 3 Group Hits $2.5M Fundraising Goal For Bedford Playhouse Overhaul
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Pound Ridge
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Pound Ridge