POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge man is recovering in Stamford Hospital from several broken bones, cuts and lacerations after falling from his deck and down a ravine Sunday night, police said.
Firefighters and the police were called to the man's Salem Road home at around 11:30 p.m.
“The individual was leaning over the back deck and fell over and down the ravine,” Police Chief David Ryan said. “The fire department had to use a Stokes basket to pull him up.”
Ryan said rescuers had to use the stretcher-like device because the man had “several broken bones” and couldn’t be moved easily.
“He fell into a bunch of thorns, so he had a lot of cuts and lacerations as well as the broken bones,” Ryan said.
- 1 Pound Ridge Elementary School Principal Gembka To Step Down
- 2 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Pound Ridge
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Pound Ridge Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'