POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge man is recovering in Stamford Hospital from several broken bones, cuts and lacerations after falling from his deck and down a ravine Sunday night, police said.
Firefighters and the police were called to the man's Salem Road home at around 11:30 p.m.
“The individual was leaning over the back deck and fell over and down the ravine,” Police Chief David Ryan said. “The fire department had to use a Stokes basket to pull him up.”
Ryan said rescuers had to use the stretcher-like device because the man had “several broken bones” and couldn’t be moved easily.
“He fell into a bunch of thorns, so he had a lot of cuts and lacerations as well as the broken bones,” Ryan said.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Pound Ridge, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Pound Ridge Seeks Volunteers For Three Local Boards
- 5 Open Houses In Pound Ridge This Weekend