POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Westport, Conn., police arrested a Pound Ridge man found in a parking lot with 5 pounds of marijuana and $12,000 in cash on Saturday afternoon, according to a police statement.
The incident began at about 4:35 p.m. Saturday while Westport police Officer David Scinto, who was on routine patrol, saw an occupied suspicious vehicle parked in the Health District parking lot adjacent to the town brush dump at 180 Bayberry Lane after closing hours, said the statement from Police Lt. David Farrell.
K9 Officer James Loomer and Police Service Dog Koda responded to assist, Farrell said. Further investigation into the vehicle and its operator yielded over 5 pounds of marijuana as well as over $12,000 in cash, he said.
Officers arrested the driver, Boku Prince, 48, of Pound Ridge. He was charged with sale of illegal drugs and possession of a hallucinogen/marijuana, police said.
Prince was released after posting $40,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on June 18.
- 1 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop