POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Westport, Conn., police arrested a Pound Ridge man found in a parking lot with 5 pounds of marijuana and $12,000 in cash on Saturday afternoon, according to a police statement.
The incident began at about 4:35 p.m. Saturday while Westport police Officer David Scinto, who was on routine patrol, saw an occupied suspicious vehicle parked in the Health District parking lot adjacent to the town brush dump at 180 Bayberry Lane after closing hours, said the statement from Police Lt. David Farrell.
K9 Officer James Loomer and Police Service Dog Koda responded to assist, Farrell said. Further investigation into the vehicle and its operator yielded over 5 pounds of marijuana as well as over $12,000 in cash, he said.
Officers arrested the driver, Boku Prince, 48, of Pound Ridge. He was charged with sale of illegal drugs and possession of a hallucinogen/marijuana, police said.
Prince was released after posting $40,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on June 18.
- 1 Pound Ridge Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Pound Ridge To Resign
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M