POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Pound Ridge police arrested and charged a Newtown, Conn. man with third-degree aggravated unauthorized operation of a motor vehicle (AUO), a misdemeanor.
On Thursday, Feb. 7, police said, they pulled over the vehicle on Pound Ridge Road for a routine traffic stop. Police said a DMV check revealed that the driver, William L. Korth, 48, had a suspended New York driver’s license.
Korth was arrested and charged with third-degree AUO and brought to headquarters for processing. Police said a driver is charged with third-degree AUO when he or she has unresolved tickets.
Korth was also issued a summons for operating a motor vehicle without an inspection certificate. He was released on $200 bail and is due back in court on March 4.
The following items were also reported by the Pound Ridge police:
- On Saturday, Feb. 9, police were called to Horseshoe Hill Road for a tree that was blocking the roadway. The tree was removed by the highway department. The same day, police received another call of a tree blocking Shad Road West. It was also removed by the highway department.
- Police responded Saturday to a call of a structure fire at a residence on Stone Hill Road. It turned out to be a false alarm, and the homeowner said he will have the alarm company check the system.
- On Sunday, Feb. 10, police were called to a residence on Old Mill River Road on a criminal mischief call. The incident is under investigation and no further information is available.
- Police were called to a residence on Pound Ridge Road both Saturday and Sunday for what was reported as a landlord/tenant dispute. Police say the issue was resolved.
- 1 Pound Ridge Engineer Leads Drive For Huge Indoor Sports Complex
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall
- 4 Sexual Abuse Charges Top Last Week's News Around Pound Ridge
- 5 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike