YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page, according to Yorktown police.
The school's resource officer learned about the social media post, approached the student and found him with a metal knuckles knife on Wednesday, March 12 at 12:15 p.m., Yorktown police said.
The suspect, a Yorktown male resident whose name is being withheld because of his eligibility for youth offender status, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and is due to appear in court on Tuesday, April 15 at 6 p.m.
- 1 Pound Ridge Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Pound Ridge To Resign
- 4 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit