WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several passing motorists helped rescue a 20-year-old Armonk man who attempted to jump off of the Tappan Zee Bridge on Tuesday, April 22, according to a News 12 report.
New York State Troopers said the Armonk man was "stopped by passing motorists" before being able to jump off the bridge, according to the News 12 report.
Chris D'Onofrio, of Thornwood, said "he and a couple of other men were able to pull the young man back over the railing," according to the News 12 report.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 Heavy Rain Headed To Pound Ridge, Thunderstorms Possible
- 3 Open Houses In Pound Ridge This Weekend
- 4 Pound Ridge Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended