POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A 24-year-old Water Mill, N.Y., motorist was stopped on Friday, Feb. 22, in Pound Ridge and charged with driving with a suspended license, police said.
Rus Lakasz was pulled over just before 10 p.m. for allegedly doing 51 mph in a 30 mph zone on Pound Ridge Road. Police said a DMV check revealed that his driver’s license was suspended.
Lakasz was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle – a misdemeanor usually leveled at a driver who has outstanding tickets.
Lakasz was transported to police headquarters for processing and also given a speeding ticket. He was released on $100 bail and is due back in court on March 18.
The following items were also reported by the Pound Ridge police:
- On Thursday, Feb. 21, police were called to residence on High Ridge Road on the report of an animal acting as if it were rabid. Upon arrival, officers discovered that the animal – a raccoon – had died.
- Police were called to Twin Fawn Lane on Thursday to file an accident report. Officers say a mailbox was struck by an unknown vehicle.
- On Saturday, police were called to a Long Ridge Road residence for a harassment complaint. The investigation is still pending and police would release no further details.
- Police were called to a home on Upper Shad Road on the report of a loud party. Officers spoke to the homeowner and no further problems were reported.
- Also on Saturday, police were called to a residence on Lower Trinity Pass Road for a criminal mischief report. The homeowner told officers his house had been egged.
- On Monday, police responded to Trinity Pass Road on the report of illegal dumping of debris. The incident is under investigation.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pound Ridge; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pound Ridge, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 5 Pound Ridge Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester