Its Memorial Day weekend and Monday will feature parades in Pound Ridge, South Salem and Goldens Bridge. The local highlight is the 36th Annual South Salem Presbyterian Church Memorial Day Fair and Races, which will offer plenty of live musical performances. For art lovers, there are several exhibits now showing in the area. Visit our events page for more events .
- Fun with Music at Pound Ridge Library: 11 a.m. The library presents Fun with Music featuring Laura DAmico, a music program for children ages 5 and under. There is no fee, but registration is required. Call the library at 914-764-5085. The library is located at 271 Westchester Ave., in Pound Ridge.
- Live Music at Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar: 8 p.m. Marielas presents Svetlana Shmulyian and Django Django Love. Channeling both the virtuoso technique and the infectious energy of Django Reinhardt, Django-Django-Love band plays gypsy swing standards as well as sultry interpretations of traditional jazz tunes. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Art Exhibit Preview at Plum Plums: 1 p.m. Plum Plums Cheese Shop will preview its exhibit entitled, Art to Wear. It will feature the work of area artists and has been curated by Lisl Steiner. Some of the work will be for sale. Plum Plums is at 72 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge.
- Live Music at North Star: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with starts such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Avenue. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
Monday, Memorial Day
- Pound Ridge Memorial Day Antiques & Farmers Holiday Market: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The holiday markets brings collectors and browsers to Scotts Corners to check out the antiques and collectibles displayed by over 50 vendors. It also features area farmers and growers who will offer fresh produce, cheeses and meats. The event is held along Westchester Avenue in the Scotts Corners business district in Pound Ridge. For more info, contact Joan Silbersher at 914-764-5122.
- Pound Ridge Memorial Day Parade: 12 p.m. The parade starts at Pound Ridge Elementary School and travels to cemetery across from the Town Park. A reception will follow in Town Park.
- Goldens Bridge Memorial Day Parade: 10:45 a.m. The parade is sponsored by the John B. Winter American Legion Post. It will begin at the Goldens Bridge train station parking lot and proceed to the Goldens Bridge Community House for an 11 a.m. service. State Assembly member Robert Castelli (R, C Goldens Bridge) will give the speech of remembrance and Lewisboro Scouts will perform the laying of the wreaths.
- South Salem Memorial Day Parade: 12:15 p.m. The parade will begin on Lake Shore Drive, Truesdale Lake and the services will be held at the Town House. The invocation will be given by the Rev. Chip Andrus, pastor of the South Salem Presbyterian Church and World War II veteran Bob Quentin will give the address.
- 36th Annual South Salem Presbyterian Church Memorial Day Races: 12:45 p.m. The fair takes place on the great lawn of the Presbyterian Church and will feature live music and foot races that will benefit the Forever Gregory and Molly Fun. Musical acts include guitarist Arlen Roth, Rev. Chip Andrus, Blues Corruption and Monique Varsames. The church is located at 111 Spring St., South Salem.
- Color of Light Art Exhibit at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation: 9 a.m. to 4p.m. This is an exhibition by White Plains artist and teacher and Susan Stillman. The exhibit features paintings that reflect Stillman's fascination with the transformative effect of light and color on ordinary scenes. The Color of Light will be on view daily through June 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Gallery in the Park. Admission to the exhibit is free and parking is $5 with a permit, $10 without one. Call 914-864-7317 for more information. Gallery in the Park is located at the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Routes 35 and 121, in Cross River.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.