Opera and jazz performances and a very different kind of egg hunt at the Wolf Conservation Center are some of the events planned for this holiday weekend.
- Fun With Music at Pound Ridge Library , 11 a.m. The library presents Fun With Music featuring Laura DAmico, a music program for children ages 5 and under. There is no fee, but registration is required. Call the library at 914-764-5085. The library is located at 179 Westchester Ave., in Pound Ridge.
- Kelly Mittleman Live at Marielas Wine Bar, 8 p.m. Kelly Mittleman burst onto the national music scene as a finalist from more than 5,000 contestants in the NBC Today Show Superstar Contest several years ago. Her music is a unique combination of jazz, soul and R&B. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Ridgefield Playhouse Presents the Met Live in HD: Masssents Manon, noon and 6 p.m. See Anna Netrebkos dazzling portrayal of the tragic heroine in Laurent Pellys new production. Piotr Beczala and Paulo Szot also star, with the Mets Principal Guest Conductor Fabio Luisi on the podium. Tickets are $25 for members and seniors and students are $20 and are only available by calling the box office at 203-403-2690.
- Wolf Conservation Center Presents an Egg Hunt with a Twist, 11 a.m. Join the WCC to learn about the mythology, biology and ecology of wolves in North America and then join in an egg-hunt with a twist. Instead of looking for eggs, guests will help hide them for its ambassador wolves, Alawa and Zephyr to find. Guests will also visit the WCC's critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves. The fee is $13 for adults and $11 for kids. Pre-registration is required. Go to its website to register.
- Live Music at North Star, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with stars such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Ave. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
- Color of Light Art Exhibit at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, 9 a.m. to 4p.m. This is an exhibition by White Plains artist and teacher and Susan Stillman. The exhibit features paintings that reflect Stillman's fascination with the transformative effect of light and color on ordinary scenes. The "Color of Light will be on view daily through June 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Gallery in the Park. Admission to the exhibit is free, parking is $5 with a permit, $10 without one. Call 914-864-7317 for more information. Gallery in the Park is located at the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Routes 35 and 121, in Cross River.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.