There is lots of music in the Pound Ridge/Lewisboro area this weekend. Grammy Award-winning singer Rickie Lee Jones comes to the Ridgefield Playhouse Friday and the Caramoor Jazz Festival opens Saturday.
Check out these events:
Friday, July 27
- An Evening with Rickie Lee Jones: 8 p.m. Grammy Award-winning artist Rickie Lee Jones comes to the Ridgefield Playhouse. Tickets are $55 and are available by calling 203-403-2690 or visiting www.ridgefieldplayhouse.org . The Playhouse is at 80 E. Ridge Road, Ridgefield, Conn.
- Open Mic Night at Marielas Wine Bar: 8-11 p.m. Get your talent on and be heard. All talent levels are welcome. The event is hosted by Gordon Thurber and admission is free. Marielas is at 71B Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Sleeping With Wolves : 7-9 a.m. The Wolf Conservation Center's new nocturnal adventure experience provides a chance to camp out overnight with the 25 wolves that call the center home. With all the howls, circling vultures and nature's nighttime chatter, you'll feel like you're camping under the stars with wild wolves. $275 per four-person tent; singles, $150, but you must bring your own tent. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info. The center is at 7 Buck Run, South Salem
Saturday, July 28
- Gossett Brothers Farm Market: 9 a.m. to 1p.m. The Gossett Brothers Farm Market offers fresh produce, meats, cheeses and seafood. The market is at 1202 Route 35 at Gossett Brothers Nursery in South Salem.
- Jazz Festival at Caramoor : 3 p.m. The festival, at Caramoor Venetian Theater, features The Cookers, Gretchen Parlato, Kenny Barron, Dee Dee Bridgewater and Roy Haynes Fountain of Youth Band. Tickets are $15, $30, and $45. For tickets, go to https://tickets.caramoor.org/public/show.asp or call 914-232- 1252. 149 Girdle Ridge Road, Katonah
- Evening Howl for All Ages at WCC : 6:30-8 p.m. Join the Wolf Conservation Center for a special Evening Howl and enjoy visiting the wolves during their favorite hour - dusk. Learn about the mythology, biology and ecology of wolves in North America and enjoy a sunset hike to howl with the wolves. Guests also will take a short sunset hike to howl with ambassador wolves Atka, Alawa, and Zephyr and observe the center's critically endangered red wolves and Mexican wolves. Cost is $16 for adults and $13 for kids under 12. Preregistration is required. Visit www.nywolf.org . 7 Buck Road, South Salem
Sunday, July 29
- Live Music at North Star: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with stars such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.