This weekend, the Pound Ridge/Lewisboro area will be filled with the sounds of an eclectic line-up of music from country to Irish/Celtic to classical to jazz and soul. Theres plenty of stuff for the kids as well.
Check out these events:
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents country star Travis Tritt with special guest Lyndsey Highlander. Tritt has charted more than 40 times on the Hot Country Songs charts, including five No. 1s. He has sold more than 25 million albums. Tickets are $75. Call the box office for tickets and information at 203-438-5795.
- Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar in Scotts Corners, Pound Ridge presents Kelly Mittleman, a jazz, soul and R&B vocalist. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71B Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3488 for more info.
- Lewisboro Librarys Folk Concert Series presents its most popular concert of the season - the pre-St. Patricks Day show featuring The Clancy Tradition. Showtime is 8 p.m.; doors open at 7:30 p.m. A musical legacy born of the original Clancy brothers who performed as the Irish Ramblers, The Clancy Tradition now includes sons and daughters, mandolins, button accordions and ferocious fiddle playing. Tickets are $15 and $12 for seniors. Children 12 and under are free. Due to the popularity of this group, its recommend purchasing tickets in advance. Call the library at 914-763-3857. Doors open at 7:30.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents Once on This Island Jr. a play performed for kids by kids in grades 5 and 6. The production has a poignant story and catchy Caribbean flavored score. It is a theatrical Caribbean adaptation of the popular fairy tale The Little Mermaid and it garnered eight Tony nominations for its Broadway run, including best musical, book and score. Curtain is 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for kids. Call the box office for tickets and information at 203-438-5795.
- The Fourth Annual Lewisboro Volunteer Fair will be held at the Lewisboro Library, 15 Main St. in South Salem from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Come and meet with local organizations and find out how you can contribute.
- The South Salem Presbyterian Church Winter Concert Series presents pianist Mei-Ting Sun. His all-Schumann program will include Davidsbundlertanze, Op.6 Kinderscenen, Op.15, "Abegg" Variations, Op.1 and Fantasie in C major, Op.17. A wine and cheese reception follows. The church is located at 11 Spring St. in South Salem. Call 914-763-9282 for more information.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents an encore performance of Once on This Island Jr. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for kids. Call the box office for tickets and information at 203-438-5795.
- Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with starts such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. The show is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Ave. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.