There is lots to do this weekend, from farmers' markets to baseball games to art exhibits. The Wolf Conservation also has several events planned, including its new “Sleeping with Wolves” program.
Check out these events:
- Fun with Music Featuring Laura D’Amico at Pound Ridge Library, 11 a.m. This music program is for children ages 5 and under. Registration is required. Call the library at 914-764-5085. 271 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge.
- Zoe Jobe Live at Mariela’s Wine & Espresso Bar, 8-11 p.m. Singer/songwriter Zoe Jobe will perform live at the Wine Bar. Free. Mariela’s is at 71 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Wolf Conservation Center Presents “Western Howls: Bringing Balance Back to Yellowstone," 7 p.m. Join the center for a special talk about the wolves of Yellowstone National Park. The Wolf Conservation Center hosted some Yellowstone adventures last year and is eager to share its insights. Guests will visit ambassador wolves Atka, Alawa and Zephyr, as well as the WCC’s critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves. All guests will be served weather-appropriate treats. Bring flashlights. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $16 for adults and $13 for kids. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info. 7 Buck Run, South Salem
- Gossett Brothers Farm Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The first market of June will be filled with some of the best farm fresh food of the year. Both Madura Farms and Gaia’s Breath Farm will feature fresh-picked produce. The Farmer’s Daughter will offer homemade treats. The market is at 1202 Route 35 at Gossett Brothers Nursery, South Salem.
- Lewisboro Baseball Association Championship Day, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The league will have its playoff tournament at the Lewisboro Town Park on Route 35 in South Salem with games scheduled all day long.
- Wolf Conservation Presents “Sleeping with Wolves,” 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. The center’s brand new nocturnal adventure experience gives visitors a chance to camp out overnight with the 25 wolves that call the center home. With all the howls, circling vultures and nature's nighttime chatter, you'll feel like you're camping under the stars with wild wolves. Cost is $275 per four-person tent. Singles are $150, but must bring their own tent. Admission includes pizza party, an opportunity to behold critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves, movie under the stars, evening snacks and a light breakfast. Space is limited and registration is required. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info or call 914-763-2373. 7 Buck Run, South Salem.
- Live Music at North Star, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with stars such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is at 85 Westchester Ave. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
- A Celebration of Wildlife and Art at Ward Pound Ridge, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Two exhibits featuring watercolor images, sculpture and photographs are on view at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River. “Watershed Wildlife Watercolors,” featuring the work of wildlife artist Paul Thiesing will continue through Sept. 3 and “A Touch of Nature,” an exhibit of outdoor photography by Bill Wiegelman, will continue through July 15. Ward Pound Ridge Reservation is at the junction of Route 35 and Route 121 South in Cross River. Call 914-864-7317 for more information.