WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The SPCA of Westchester is conducting investigations related to the remains of animals left at three different sites in the county to determine if animal cruelty is involved.
On July 21, Westchester County Police reported the remains of a black bird with symbols on it that pertain to a black magic cult in Mount Vernon.
On Aug. 25, the New York City Department of Environmental Protection discovered a beheaded goat and the remains of several other animals in Yorktown.
On Tuesday, Sept. 2, the Harbor Unit of the New Rochelle Police Department discovered a black plastic bag in the Long Island Sound containing one decapitated goat and five decapitated chickens.
The Humane Law Enforcement division is investigating all three incidents for animal cruelty.
Anyone with information about any of the three incidents is urged to call the SPCA’s Confidential Animal Cruelty Hotline at 914-941-7797.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pound Ridge On Wednesday
- 2 Pound Ridge Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Fox Lane Diver Suffers Concussion At State Championships
- 4 Katonah-Lewisboro, Bedford School Districts Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287