POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Daily Voice is taking a look back at the town’s Top 10 stories of 2012.
After delays of more than a year, T-Mobile representatives told the Town Board the company was finally ready to begin construction of a cell tower behind the Pound Ridge Ambulance Corps building on Westchester Avenue. Construction began in November.
Back in June, Cara Bonomolo, a lawyer representing the cell provider, had asked the Town Board for an extension on the building permit that the company received in May 2011.
T-Mobile had construction drawings prepared and was ready to present them to the town, Bonomolo said.
Town Attorney J.J. Sullivan told Bonomolo that the town needed T-Mobile to spell out in writing the timeline for the construction process, which the company ultimately did.
The lack of cell service throughout the business district had become a safety and security issue, Pound Ridge officials said.
“Our emergency services have been dealing with this issue for a year,” Deputy Supervisor John Powers said.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pound Ridge; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pound Ridge, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Pound Ridge Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs Pound Ridge, Snow Could Return Thursday