The mild winter has put the kibosh on the plans for many skiing, sledding and skating lovers this season, but there is still an eclectic list of things to do this weekend in the Pound Ridge/Lewisboro area for kids and adults alike.
Whether youre looking for a romantic night out, would like to spend an afternoon checking out the works of local artists or join your kids making arts and crafts, youll find plenty of options. Check out these ideas:
- Friday night is Jazz Night at Mariellas Wine & Espresso Bar on Westchester Avenue in Pound Ridges Scotts Corners. The Doug Proper Trio will perform from 8 to 11 p.m. and theres no cover charge.
- Join the Westchester Land Trust and friends for the "There's No Place Like Home photo exhibit opening, presented by the Lewisboro Land Trust, at the Katonah Village Library at 26 Bedford Road in Katonah. Enjoy 100 unique images that celebrate the special places that we love in Westchester. The opening reception runs from 4 to 8 p.m. The show can then be viewed during regular library hours through Feb. 25.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents a Champagne Fundraiser featuring a concert by The Men of Soul, Jeffrey Osborne and Peabo Bryson. On tap before the evening's romantic concert is a special lobby event at 6:30 p.m. featuring a complimentary buffet, chocolate fountain, champagne and cookies. A $25 raffle ticket supporting Ridgefield Playhouse gives attendees the chance to win either a full year of beauty, a piece of diamond jewelry or a new BMW. Tickets for the evening are $135 to $225. For more information, visit The Playhouse's event page .
- The Other Band will perform at The Willows Restaurant, featuring classic rock that includes covers of The Rolling Stones, The Doors, John Mellancamp, Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, The Band and more. They'll also perform originals such as "What You See is What You Get," and "Colorized." The show starts at 7:30 p.m. The Willows is located on Route 123 in Vista.
- At the Ward Pound Ridge Preservations Trailside Museum in Cross River, children 2 to 4-years-old can make unique Valentine's from natural objects like seed and corn necklaces, pop-up cards and leaf prints. The event begins at 11 a.m. For more information, call (914) 864-7322.
- The Lewisboro Library will hold an Oscar Predictions Party from 4:30 to 6 p.m. You can join other Oscar forecasters to discuss your favorites and fill out a prediction ballot. The winning ballot will receive two free movie passes. Registration is required; call 914-763-3857. The library is located at 15 Main St. in South Salem.
- The Pound Ridge Theatre Company will present Second Sunday Play Readings, featuring original plays by local playwrights. Admission is free. The event is held at Conant Hall, 257 Westchester Ave. Stay after the plays for wine and cheese and a talk with the actors and playwrights.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.