POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Actor, activist and philanthropist Richard Gere of Pound Ridge, known for his starring role in many successful motion pictures, and a tireless advocate for humanitarian causes, was presented the Holocaust & Human Rights Education Center’s Eugene M. & Emily Grant Spirit of Humanity Award at a benefit held the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club on Thursday, Sept. 18.
- Artists from all over Fairfield County are featured in a new exhibit at the Maritime Garage Gallery in Norwalk designed to evoke memories of well-known vistas and personal spaces.
- New York State Police from Somers charged a South Salem man with assault on Thursday, Sept. 25, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is warning residents about scam artists attempting to gain personal information by claiming victims are eligible for a tax rebate.
- Yonkers-based Consumer Reports, the largest and most trusted consumer organization in the world, has announced major changes to its flagship print product, Consumer Reports magazine.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.