POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Actor, activist and philanthropist Richard Gere of Pound Ridge, known for his starring role in many successful motion pictures, and a tireless advocate for humanitarian causes, was presented the Holocaust & Human Rights Education Center’s Eugene M. & Emily Grant Spirit of Humanity Award at a benefit held the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club on Thursday, Sept. 18.
- Artists from all over Fairfield County are featured in a new exhibit at the Maritime Garage Gallery in Norwalk designed to evoke memories of well-known vistas and personal spaces.
- New York State Police from Somers charged a South Salem man with assault on Thursday, Sept. 25, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is warning residents about scam artists attempting to gain personal information by claiming victims are eligible for a tax rebate.
- Yonkers-based Consumer Reports, the largest and most trusted consumer organization in the world, has announced major changes to its flagship print product, Consumer Reports magazine.