WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A spring snowstorm took commuters by surprise Monday morning, dropping a slushy mix on roadways and snarling traffic, especially north of I-287.
Several morning accidents were reported in Westchester as a result of icy conditions.
Sleet began falling around 6:30 a.m. in much of the county, resulting in treacherous driving conditions.
An accident on I-684 North between Hardscrabble Road and I-84 was reported shortly afterward.
A multi-vehicle accident was reported on I-684 North between I-287 and Manhattanville Road in Purchase at 7:35 a.m.
Further south, accidents were also reported between Route 172 and Route 22 in Mount Kisco, at 7:35 a.m., and I-684 south between Route 120 and I-287.
An accident was also reported earlier in the morning commute on the southbound Saw Mill Parkway near Kisco Avenue in Mount Kisco.
Slow driving conditions were reported on I-684 and the Saw Mill Parkway, with several cars off the road as a result of the slippery conditions.
- 1 Pound Ridge Engineer Leads Drive For Huge Indoor Sports Complex
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall
- 4 Sexual Abuse Charges Top Last Week's News Around Pound Ridge
- 5 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike