WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A one-car accident early Friday morning in the Bronx just over the Westchester border tied up traffic on Interstate 95 for the rush hour commute.
A report on abclocal.go.com said the accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on the northbound New England Thruway at Exit 13 in the Eastchester section. Lanes re-opened, but rubbernecking delays were reported.
The report said nine people were rushed to Jacobi Hospital with critical injuries as a Cadillac Escalade slammed head-on into a wall near the exit ramp, the report said. Entrance and exit ramps to the Thruway were closed to investigate the accident.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring