This story has been updated
DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. -- The northbound Saw Mill River Parkway has reopened in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday morning after a fatal overnight accident left it closed for approximately eight hours.
The lanes reopened around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, but traffic remained extremely heavy, including southbound.
The Ashford Avenue Bridge, the scene of the crash, was reopened at about 10:25 a.m. after being closed in both directions for the police investigation. The closure of bridge had caused traffic delays on Ashford Avenue in and out of Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley, and south to Yonkers.
A man died after his car plunged 20 to 30 off the bridge at Exit 17 at about 12:30 a.m., according to a report by WABC-TV. Speed is likely to have been a factor in the crash, and police are investigating whether the man may have been drag racing, according to WCBS-TV.
The police investigation was ongoing as the Wednesday morning commute began.
- 1 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 2 Man Going 107 MPH In Bedford Charged With Drug Possession, Police Say
- 3 Bedford-Bred Upstart Draws No. 18 Post For Saturday's Kentucky Derby
- 4 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches