POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Vincent Zafonte, a Pound Ridge resident serving with the Company C, 1-69th Infantry in the Army National Guard, was recently promoted to the rank of specialist.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news that a Malaysian airliner was shot down over the Russian-Ukraine border Thursday.
- New Castle police announced the arrest of Peter Russell, 64, after a Saturday morning search of his home as part of an investigation for possible methamphetamine manufacturing.
- Authorities have released the audio from the final moments of Richard Rockefeller's fatal plane crash in Purchase, according to ctnews.com.
- The Westchester County Department of Health advises residents to take precautions against mosquito bites after New York City reported its first batches of mosquitoes have tested positive for West Nile virus.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Mount Kisco Medical Group Partners With Mount Sinai Health System
- 4 Accident Closes Southbound Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert