POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Following Pound Ridge’s 9/11 memorial ceremony at Sachs Park, local clergy who participated in the observance gave the thoughts on the 13th anniversary of the terrorist attacks.
- Ten Westchester County schools were named to Newsweek's top 500 schools recently. Newsweek enlisted the help of research specialists at Westat to help compile its rankings.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will battle it out against Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in an all-Westchester New York governor's race after a closer-than-expected win over Zephyr Teachout in the Democratic Primary.
- A case of whooping cough, which is known as pertussis, has been reported among John Jay High School's student population, according to a statement from the school's health office.
- A multi-vehicle accident resulted in the closure of the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway on Monday afternoon on the border of Chappaqua and Pleasantville.