POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Following Pound Ridge’s 9/11 memorial ceremony at Sachs Park, local clergy who participated in the observance gave the thoughts on the 13th anniversary of the terrorist attacks.
- Ten Westchester County schools were named to Newsweek's top 500 schools recently. Newsweek enlisted the help of research specialists at Westat to help compile its rankings.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will battle it out against Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in an all-Westchester New York governor's race after a closer-than-expected win over Zephyr Teachout in the Democratic Primary.
- A case of whooping cough, which is known as pertussis, has been reported among John Jay High School's student population, according to a statement from the school's health office.
- A multi-vehicle accident resulted in the closure of the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway on Monday afternoon on the border of Chappaqua and Pleasantville.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.