POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Pound Ridge Golf Club climbed three spots to No. 3 in New York in GOLF Magazine’s 2014 edition of the “Best Courses Near You.”
- Pound Ridge residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has reached the state Legislature with state Sen. George Latimer taking the challenge, and challenging state Assemblyman David Buchwald and Assemblywoman Shelley Mayer, as well as his daughter.
- Five Westchester Schools were named among the nation's best, according to The Daily Beast.
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center confirmed that it will be pursuing an affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the latest in a series of hospital partnerships that have occurred in the region this year.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Pound Ridge, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Pound Ridge Seeks Volunteers For Three Local Boards
- 5 Open Houses In Pound Ridge This Weekend