POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Pound Ridge Golf Club climbed three spots to No. 3 in New York in GOLF Magazine’s 2014 edition of the “Best Courses Near You.”
- Pound Ridge residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has reached the state Legislature with state Sen. George Latimer taking the challenge, and challenging state Assemblyman David Buchwald and Assemblywoman Shelley Mayer, as well as his daughter.
- Five Westchester Schools were named among the nation's best, according to The Daily Beast.
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center confirmed that it will be pursuing an affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the latest in a series of hospital partnerships that have occurred in the region this year.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Pound Ridge
- 4 Pound Ridge Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Pound Ridge; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely