POUND RIDGE, N.Y. Pound Ridge police arrested a Stamford, Conn. woman Sunday night and charged her with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor.
Police said they came upon a vehicle on Shad Road West that was idling on the shoulder with its lights off at around 8 p.m. They interviewed the driver and police said they detected a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. Police then conducted field sobriety tests, which they said the driver failed.
Alice W. Kays, 60, was then placed under arrest and charged with DWI. She was released on $150 bail and is scheduled to return to Pound Ridge justice court March 19.
In other police blotter news:
- Police received a report that a man was attempting to solicit business in the Scotts Corners business district on Westchester Avenue. Police interviewed the man and learned he works for Aflac Insurance. He was advised he needs a business permit to solicit business in Pound Ridge.
- Police were called to a residence on Upper Shad Road for a harassment case. The case still is being investigated and police would release no other information at this time.
- Police were called to Cradle Rock Road on a dog complaint. A resident there told police a neighbors dog had been coming into their yard. Police talked to the dogs owners and advised them of their neighbors concerns.
- Police investigated another dog complaint on Tatomuck Road. A resident there reported a loose dog was fighting with his dog. The dogs were separated. The dog control officer transported the loose dog to the South Salem Animal Shelter and the dogs owner was contacted and advised of the incident.
- Police received a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on a private driveway on Long Ridge Road. The property was posted with signs prohibiting trespassing. The subjects were located and issued a warning.
- Police later received another report of a suspicious vehicle on Lower Trinity Pass. Officers checked the area and could not locate it.
- Police were summoned to Austin Hill Road for a possible fire. The Pound Ridge Fire Department was on the scene. There was no fire, but the residence smelled of gas; however, the tank was empty. A subsequent investigation revealed no further problems.
- Pound Ridge police transported a subject to Westchester County Jail as per the request of the town justice court.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.