POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The windy snow and sleet that swept through Westchester Wednesday evening left several dozen NYSEG customers in Pound Ridge without power.
As of 6 a.m. Thursday, NYSEG reported that 60 of its 2,367 Pound Ridge customers had lost power. Most of the outages were on Bob Hill, Fox Hill and Pheasant roads. The utility estimated that all power would be restored by 8 a.m. Thursday.
The storm was predicted to continue on throughout the day, with wind gusts up to 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Another storm is predicted for Saturday, but is expected to be just snow, with calm winds.
- 1 Pound Ridge Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Pound Ridge To Resign
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M