This story has been updated
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New Castle police issued an alert Monday for a 15-year-old boy who has gone missing.
The teen, who is missing from Carriage Hill Road, was last seen on Inningwood Road at 9:30 a.m. and walking towards Pinesbridge Road, according to New Castle police.
The area is located in the West End of town.
The boy has been identified as Gregory McCarthy, a student in the Ossining School District.
Ossining Superintendent Raymond Sanchez identified McCarthy in a community email that included his physical description and a photo.
"We have been informed by the Police that an Ossining student Gregory McCarthy is missing. It appears that he left his home earlier today and has not returned at this time," Sanchez wrote in the email.
He also urged people to contact New Castle Police if they have information.
The Village of Ossining's police department, which sent out its own alert, stated that he is autistic.
The boy, according to a New Castle police description, is 5-foot-8 tall, weighs 160 pounds, and is wearing a blue V-neck shirt that has a horizontal stripe, along with sweatpants.
Anyone with information should call police at 914-238-4423.
This story was posted on June 30, 2014 and has been updated.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 National Weather Service: Pound Ridge's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Pound Ridge Car Enthusiasts Flock To 12th Annual Tom Pisco Car Show
- 4 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 5 Mount Kisco Medical Group Partners With Mount Sinai Health System