WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- One very lucky person in the San Francisco Bay area matched all six winning numbers in the nationwide Poweball lottery Wednesday night, which according to officials is worth roughly $425 million.
The winning numbers -- 1, 17, 35, 49, 54, and 34 -- brings a lump sum prize worth roughly $242 million, according to lottery officials.The prize in the sixth largest in U.S. history.
There were no reports of the winner’s identity on Thursday morning, only that the winning ticket was sold at Dixie Landing Chevron gas station in the town of Milpitas. The winner beat odds of about 1 in 175 million to hit the jackpot.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Pound Ridge
- 4 Meteorologists Explain What Went Wrong With Erroneous Forecast
- 5 Pound Ridge Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero