WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police continue to search for the body of a man identified as being from the Somers who was seen jumping from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Sunday, June 15.
Trooper Melissa McMorris of the New York State Police identified the man as being a Somers resident Tuesday afternoon.
State Police described the man as being elderly and said he was seen jumping from the westbound side of the bridge in a press release Tuesday.
State Police continue to search the area for the victim with the assistance of State Police Aviation, the State Police Scuba Team, the Rockland County Sheriff’s Office, Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, West Point Fire Department, Stoney Point Fire Department, the Continental Village Fire Department and the Westchester County Marine patrol, police said.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 National Weather Service: Pound Ridge's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Pound Ridge Car Enthusiasts Flock To 12th Annual Tom Pisco Car Show
- 4 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 5 Mount Kisco Medical Group Partners With Mount Sinai Health System