POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- An exhibit of juried artwork by Katonah artists will open with a reception from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13 at the Gallery in the Park and the WPA Gallery at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River.
Titled “Natural Instincts: the Natural World Around Us,” this exhibition features works of art in a variety of media by members of the Katonah Museum Artists’ Association and includes paintings, line drawings, collages and sculpture by 39 artists.
Curated by Kenise Barnes, owner of Kenise Barnes Fine Art, the pieces were selected based on the premise that they are a product of the artists’ instinctive reactions to the natural environment, relying on impulse to create what they knew about the natural world rather than what they have learned.
The Katonah Museum Artists’ Association consists of more than 300 artist members whose works encompass a broad range of formal approaches and who work in every medium.
The Gallery in the Park and the WPA Gallery are facilities of Westchester County Parks. The exhibit will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Thursday, Oct. 30.
Admission is free. Parking is $5 for Westchester County park pass holders, $10 for non-park pass holders.
Ward Pound Ridge Reservation is located at the junction of Route 35 and 121 South in Cross River.
For more information,visit parks.westchestergov.com or call (914) 864-7317.
- 1 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 2 Man Going 107 MPH In Bedford Charged With Drug Possession, Police Say
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Westchester