POUND RIDGE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- The Internal Revenue Service is warning Westchester County residents to beware of a new telephone scam demanding money or bank information from taxpayers.
- Democrat Sherene De Palma has won the special election for a Pound Ridge Town Board seat by a narrow margin, updated unofficial results show.
- Michael Hall, 26, of Bedford is facing drug charges after Lewisboro and Westchester County police reportedly found him in possession of 130 bags of heroin on Friday, Nov. 14, police officials said.
- Mount Kisco Police charged a 16-year-old Bedford Hills resident with third-degree burglary on Friday, Nov. 14, police officials said.
- Four students from St. Luke's School in New Canaan were given the honor of laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.
- A Dutchess County man was shot by a fellow hunter while he was attempting to move a dead deer from the woods on Saturday, Nov. 15, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.