WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A multi-vehicle accident in Katonah on I-684 south shut down all lanes between exit 7 and exit 5 on Thursday afternoon for nearly two hours.
Two northbound lanes were initially also closed after the accident occurred around 4 p.m.
All southbound and northbound lanes reopened as of 6 pm.
Emergency crews responded to the scene.
The accident occurred when a pickup truck traveling north went over the guardrail and into the southbound lanes, hitting multiple cars before landing on a passenger vehicle, according to LoHud.com. As many as three people were injured, according to the report.
- 1 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 2 Pound Ridge Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Katonah-Lewisboro, Bedford School Districts Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Fallen Pole, Power Cables Result In Route 22 Closure
- 5 Pound Ridge's Nicholas Rienzi Hired To Be Police Officer In Vermont