POUND RIDGE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge this week:
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes , Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- Rob Williamson is turning back the clock in North Stamford. In the first six months since opening Uncle’s General Store at 2627 High Ridge Road , his unique retail space has been well-received by residents of Stamford, Pound Ridge, Bedford, New Canaan and more.
- Lewisboro Elementary School went into lockdown late Wednesday morning as a result of a malfunctioning alarm .
- Fight to end texting while driving gains steam in Westchester.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day .